Annette Mira McLellan MA, CCC, RCT-C
I am a Registered Counselling Therapist Candidate (RCT-C) with the Nova Scotia College of Counselling Therapists (NSCCT) as well as a Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA).
Interflections Counselling Therapy is my private practice through which I aim to build and hold the space needed for each of my clients - a safe, non-judgemental, caring space - to reflect, reconnect, and to grow through healing.
Connect with me to schedule a consult or appointment.
Interflections Counselling Therapy
Therapeutic Practice & Approach
- Person/Client Centered
Working together, we choose the direction therapy needs to take alongside the interventions and strategies that best fit for you. Because the true expert of your life is none but yourself.
Inviting you to share your story is where we begin. Each part of you as a person and each piece of your story are interconnected. We are each unique individually and yet, each of us cannot be separated from the contexts (social & political), communities & environments we exist in.
Nature and Soma:
Inviting nature into healing work and encouraging (re)connection with the natural world is important to my practice as is listening to the physical, bodily knowledge known as the felt sense or somatic experience.
Interflections Counselling Therapy
- Client/Person Centered Therapy (PCT)
- Narrative Therapy
- Integrative Somatic Therapies
- Ecotherapy/Nature Based Therapy
- Somatic Internal Family Systems
- Existential Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Skills Training in Affective and Interpersonal Regulation (STAIR)
Experience & Education
I have experience supporting people of all gender identities from diverse backgrounds through some of the most challenging times in their lives; through past traumas that continue to affect their present day lives, to present day and everyday life struggles - witnessing and fostering growth and healing both through and on the other side of these difficult times.
My educational background in Women & Gender Studies, as well as many years spent employed by and volunteering for community and not for profit organizations, has formed my foundation as a therapist. Some of the organizations I have been involved with are: The Ecology Action Centre, Adsum for Women & Children, North Mountain Animal Sanctuary, Out of the Cold, Anchor Archive, Inkstorm, Radstorm, Food Not Bombs, Elderdog, Metro SPCA, Sadlier House Alternative Library.
Education and experience remain at centre for me as a therapist. Ongoing growth as a practitioner in this field is a priority. I continue to learn and grow through volunteer work in my community as well as through self-study and training (see certificates).
- MA Counselling Psychology, Yorkville University (2021) Practicum: Second Story Women's Centre
- MA Women & Gender Studies, St. Mary's University (2015) Thesis: Towards a Vegan Eco-Feminist Critical Care Theory: A search for a compassionate, responsible, respectful post humanist paradigm
- BA Women Studies & Sociology, Trent University (2010)
- Somatic Internal Family Systems Level 1, 2 & 3, The Embody Lab (2023)
- Introduction to Nature Based Therapy, Human-Nature Counselling (2023)
- Integrated Somatic Trauma Therapy Certificate, The Embody Lab (2022)
- Narrative Therapy Foundations Certificate, Vancouver School for Narrative Therapy (2021)
- Existential Well-Being Counselling: A Person Centered Experiential Approach, KU Leuven (Belgium) - EdX (2018)
- Plant Based Nutrition Certificate, Cornell University (2017)